"Equipping, Empowering, & Emboldening students to make known the Gospel"
Mission Possible exists to equip, empower, and embolden high school students to make known the Gospel. It is divided into three phases, one for each summer. Mission Possible accomplishes its purposes primarily through exposure to:
- Relevant training which will give students the "head, heart, and hands" equipment to live a life of service to Christ (both during the summer and beyond).
- A variety of ministry settings which will both broaden the student's individual awareness of the world and teach them how to earnestly serve God in different contexts.
- The Word of God through daily in-depth Bible Study and group devotions.
- Godly adult leaders who serve both as fellow witnesses, training leaders, and mature role models in faith and life.
- Challenging return-to-reality training to help students assimilate all they have learned over the summer back into the regular, everyday life of their family, school, and community
What is the format of the program?
Drawing its model from Acts 1:8, Mission Possible is deployed in three distinct phases:
- Phase I (usually for 9th and 10th grade graduates) focuses on six different weekly ministries in the mid-Atlantic region providing training and service in a broad variety of settings.
- Phase 2 is a lengthened stay in one region of the United States serving in a particular ministry setting
- Phase 3 is an international trip serving and equipping others in a particular ministry setting
Followers of Christ who have graduated 9th - 12th grade that are seeking to grow as big-picture Christians that serve Jesus wherever He leads them. This is for students in the "convinced-committed" category of faith experience who:
- Have a clear testimony of new life in Christ (salvation)
- Possess basic understanding of core truths of the faith
- Exhibit steadying spiritual disciplines
- Demonstrate priority on growth in Christ
This is not for less mature students, those looking for a fun experience or to get away from home. It is an intentional program to help students know the Gospel and make it known!